[solved] 4.6.0 keeps using an old SDL build on my computer

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: 4.6.0 doesn't work on my computer

Post by Matt »

Any idea how I could locate it? I don't even know what filenames to look for...
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

The cause is in the provided linker output. Removal of /usr/local/lib/libSDL2.so should fix those errors.
Blzut3

Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Blzut3 »

Indeed you probably want to remove your presumably self compiled version of SDL2 in /usr/local. Files to look for and remove would be:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/lib/libSDL2*
/usr/local/lib/cmake/SDL2
/usr/local/include/SDL2
Then remove your GZDoom build directory and run CMake fresh.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

_mental_ wrote:The cause is in the provided linker output. Removal of /usr/local/lib/libSDL2.so should fix those errors.
Blzut3 wrote:Indeed you probably want to remove your presumably self compiled version of SDL2 in /usr/local. Files to look for and remove would be:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/lib/libSDL2*
/usr/local/lib/cmake/SDL2
/usr/local/include/SDL2
Awesome, got it to compile and run, thanks!!!

Return to “Technical Issues”