Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Postby LaughableEgo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:43 pm

I am trying to install the latest Brutal Doom mod (Along with the metal soundtrack and the 9.0 expansion pack for the Brutal Doom v21 mod) for Ultimate Doom and it has no effect on the game. I am also trying to use the GZDoom port that I downloaded as well. I am not sure if I am using the Steam's Doom port instead of using GZDoom and the files that I renamed and added to the base file of the game is only compatible with the GZDoom source port.


This is the YouTube video that I watched to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1CqHYnRnfQ

And images of the files that are in Ultimate Doom's base folder named have been attached to this post.

Any input would be much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LaughableEgo
 
Joined: 17 Mar 2021
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Postby wildweasel » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:05 pm

Start over and use these instructions instead. I don't know who keeps telling people to replace EXEs in Steam with GZDoom, but that is not how this is supposed to work, and many people accidentally break things trying to do that.
User avatar
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Postby LaughableEgo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:55 am

wildweasel wrote:Start over and use these instructions instead. I don't know who keeps telling people to replace EXEs in Steam with GZDoom, but that is not how this is supposed to work, and many people accidentally break things trying to do that.


Additional question: How do I run both the Brutal Doom .pk3 file and the Hell on Earth starter pack w/ fixed bugs .wad file together on GZDoom? Would I need to create a batch file? Would I be able to attach additional files to run on top of GZdoom this way? Thank you in advance.
LaughableEgo
 
Joined: 17 Mar 2021
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Postby axredneck » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:08 am

LaughableEgo wrote:Additional question: How do I run both the Brutal Doom .pk3 file and the Hell on Earth starter pack w/ fixed bugs .wad file together on GZDoom? Would I need to create a batch file? Would I be able to attach additional files to run on top of GZdoom this way? Thank you in advance.

You can use one of Doom launchers. I personally use Rocket Launcher (https://github.com/Doommarine23/RocketLauncher2).
User avatar
axredneck
excuse me for my bad English
 
Joined: 11 Dec 2017
Location: Russia
Github ID: axredneck
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Postby LaughableEgo » Mon May 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Do I set any of the files along with everything else within the GZDoom folder? Or can I launch Rocket Launcher 2 from anywhere and add the files?
LaughableEgo
 
Joined: 17 Mar 2021
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Postby LaughableEgo » Mon May 17, 2021 5:41 pm

And also, I am getting the error "PLAYPAL not found". Any way to fix?
LaughableEgo
 
Joined: 17 Mar 2021
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Postby axredneck » Tue May 18, 2021 7:47 am

LaughableEgo wrote:Do I set any of the files along with everything else within the GZDoom folder? Or can I launch Rocket Launcher 2 from anywhere and add the files?

I have Rocket Launcher installed in one directory, GZDoom - in other and doom2.wad and mods in third.
User avatar
axredneck
excuse me for my bad English
 
Joined: 11 Dec 2017
Location: Russia
Github ID: axredneck
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support


Return to Technical Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests