Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Postby LaughableEgo » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:43 pm

I am trying to install the latest Brutal Doom mod (Along with the metal soundtrack and the 9.0 expansion pack for the Brutal Doom v21 mod) for Ultimate Doom and it has no effect on the game. I am also trying to use the GZDoom port that I downloaded as well. I am not sure if I am using the Steam's Doom port instead of using GZDoom and the files that I renamed and added to the base file of the game is only compatible with the GZDoom source port.

This is the YouTube video that I watched to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1CqHYnRnfQ

And images of the files that are in Ultimate Doom's base folder named have been attached to this post.

Any input would be much appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LaughableEgo

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Installing Brutal Doom mod has no effect

Postby wildweasel » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:05 pm

Start over and use these instructions instead. I don't know who keeps telling people to replace EXEs in Steam with GZDoom, but that is not how this is supposed to work, and many people accidentally break things trying to do that.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Return to Technical Issues