Can't get GZDoom to accept settings

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

Can't get GZDoom to accept settings

Post by Guest »

I can't seem to get GZDoom to accept ANY command settings like DMFlags, Skill or Map through the shortcut and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Here's a simple one that's not working for me before I get too complex with my command line:
E:\Games\GZDoom\gzdoom.exe -file brutalv21.pk3 -file DoomMetalVol5.wad -host 2 -skill 4

--

The -host # part works. The part after does not. It always sets me to Skill 3. The same happens with any other setting I have attempted, and I'm not sure why: I've tried changing weapon stay, monster stay, map, etc. to no avail.

Is there something wrong with my syntax?
_mental_

Re: Can't get GZDoom to accept settings

Post by _mental_ »

To set console variables, you need to use +cvar value syntax, e.g. +skill 4.
Player701

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Can't get GZDoom to accept settings

Post by Player701 »

-skill is most certainly a thing, though; the difference is that it sets the skill to x-1, e.g. -skill 4 means skill will be set to 3 (Ultra-Violence). +skill 4 is actually Nightmare.

Return to “Technical Issues”