new version of gzdoom v4.5.0 messes up the main menu for me.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

new version of gzdoom v4.5.0 messes up the main menu for me.

Postby Emma Turveyfoot » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:38 am

Hello i wanted to post something because i think i have run into a problem with gzdoom
the gzdoom in question is for windows 64bit v4.5.0
the problem is that the main menu in the new version of gzdoom is that it looks more zoomed in and with some mods the logo kind of merges with the options in the main menu
later i tried it with a older version of gzdoom and the main menu didnt look zoomed in everything looked spaced out and i could see everything but then i updated that old gzdoom to the new one and it became all zoomed in again.
is there a reason or explanation for t his?
also is anyone else Experiencing this?

Also sorry if i didnt explain it to well
Emma Turveyfoot

Re: new version of gzdoom v4.5.0 messes up the main menu for

Postby Enjay » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:27 am

Emma Turveyfoot wrote:is there a reason or explanation for t his?

The reason is that the "new" appearance is a much closer representation of how big vanilla Doom's menu used to appear on screen back in 1993. However, for quite some time now, GZDoom has had a different appearance and some mods will have been made expecting that appearance. So the reason is to make it look like Doom originally did.

If you look for "disable menu clean scaling" in the options and change the value, you can get back the older GZDoom appearance which might suit the mod that you are running.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Return to Technical Issues