Can't get 3D weapons to work with Brutal Doom - GZDoom VR

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Can't get 3D weapons to work with Brutal Doom - GZDoom VR

Postby neodraig » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:24 am

I spent all my free time yesterday and a good part today trying to get the 3D weapons to work with Brutal Doom but without success.

I tried with Doom Launcher, I tried to drag the files directly on gzdoomvr.exe, I tried to create a shortcut and add the line D:\VR\GZDoom\gzdoomvr.exe -file brutalv21.pk3 -file BR_VR_pbr_B40.zip -iwad doom.wad but each time the Doom will start with the other mods as well as Brutal Doom, but no 3D weapons, just 2D sprites.

I also tried different combinations, but with no results.

I managed to get some 3D weapons packs working (like the voxel one), but as soon as I add Brutal Doom they don't work anymore.

I also tried to run ajantaju's VR Brutal Doom weapons pack alone (without Brutal Doom), but it doesn't work.

Here is the list of softwares and mods I use:

gzdoomvr-4-5-0-Windows-64bit

DoomLauncher_3.2.1.0

doom.wad

mapsofchaos.wad

laser-sight-v0.6.pk3

brutalv21.pk3

BR_VR_pbr_B40.zip

I also tried with Meatgrinder and the problem is the same, the mod will work but not the 3D meatgrinder weapons pack.

So if you have any ideas on how to make it work, I would be really happy to hear it :)
neodraig

Re: Can't get 3D weapons to work with Brutal Doom - GZDoom V

Postby neodraig » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:48 pm

I was playing the level E2M6: Halls of the Damned (I had to use the flashlight in the dark maze and got spooked by a Baron), and then I found the flamethrower and it was in 3D !!!
All the other weapons (Chainsaw, Pistol, machinegun, Shotgun, Chaingun, Rocket launcher and Plasma gun) are all 2D sprites.
Did I miss a setting or something ?
neodraig

Return to Technical Issues