21:9 Aspect ratio with helmet/visor addons in newer builds

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
DrR0Ck
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

21:9 Aspect ratio with helmet/visor addons in newer builds

Post by DrR0Ck »

I occasionally use a couple of visor addons in gzdoom running at 3440x1440 21:9 resolution (Ultimate Doom Visor and Neko Hud). In builds up to 4.6 pre 58 (1/17/2021), the helmet/HUD display stretches to accommodate the wider screen (they both support 16:9 natively), however as of 4.6 pre 65 (1/18/2021), they no longer stretch and this makes playing with the visor overlay appear to be cut off where the 16:9 screen would end (kind of a pillar box - I can post a screenshot if it helps to illustrate). I had a look at the Git activity history and I see reference to 21:9 enhancements being made. I have played around with scaling, HUD, and resolution settings, but I am unable to get the HUD add-ons to stretch. Am I missing some setting, or is this no longer possible in the newer builds?

Thanks!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: 21:9 Aspect ratio with helmet/visor addons in newer buil

Post by Rachael »

Yes - one of the enhancements actually was to allow true native 21:9 graphics, and turn off the ZDoom stretching that allowed for graphics to be 16:9 max.

You can open the console and type the following:

Code: Select all

vid_allowtrueultrawide false
to restore the old stretching code. But the graphics really should be updated to accommodate the new aspect options.
DrR0Ck

Post by DrR0Ck »

Great. I'll give that a try. I hope the mods will be updated to support 21:9, but I'm not holding my breath. Thanks!
DrR0Ck

Post by DrR0Ck »

Worked perfectly. Thanks again!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

You're welcome.

Return to “Technical Issues”