Jitter issues - GZDoom 4.5.0

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Jitter issues - GZDoom 4.5.0

Postby Cornelius Vanderbilt » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:12 pm

I must say that I am happy with the changes and a more stable build of GZDoom, but there is one issue I've noticed. At least one mod seems to have been negatively affected by the latest release: Trailblazer. The sprites on the protagonist specifically are jittery if I turn on vertical sync and rendering interpolation. I've tested this with a few other mods and so far, I haven't found any other issues like that. Maybe there is a way to stabilize animations in the menus somewhere and I can't find it or maybe an update needs to be made for certain mods with specific means of animation? Has anyone else who owns Trailblazer encountered this issue?
Cornelius Vanderbilt

New release, odd bug

Postby Sophie Crankinmot » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:46 pm

Despite the newest version of Guncaster needing the newest version of GZDoom, in the end, this new version slightly mucked with another mod: Trailblazer. For some reason, with vertical synch or rendering optimization on, the animations for the protagonist become jittery. These jittery motions do not apply when firing the weapons, just when walking. I tested the new version of GZDoom with different gameplay mods and so far, there have been no issues. I managed to fix the giant menu issue, so can anyone let me know how to fix sprite bugs? I'm not really a programmer and I haven't deeply checked all of the GZDoom menus, so if there is a sort-of sprite fix, please let me know.
Sophie Crankinmot

Re: Jitter issues - GZDoom 4.5.0

Postby Caligari87 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:50 pm

Merged guest post into this thread as it's virtually the exact same description.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Barnaby Bardridge » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:11 pm

Thank you for placing it here, but have you been in contact with anyone that could possibly fix this, or maybe can point me in the right direction?
Barnaby Bardridge

Postby Matt » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:44 am

I think this may be related to a similar problem in the latest Hideous Destructor release - if you try to adjust the zoom on a weapon scope your view (but not your scope view) will keep jittering with every move even though from the playsim's point of view you're not moving at all. I addressed it by having the player's pitch go down by an imperceptible but non-zero amount.

If this is related it may have to do with something that changed with the view interpolation or lookscale.

I like how the one person who replied to this thread instead of getting their OP merged into it turned out to have a totally unrelated problem. What I've described was purely about player turning and not weapon sprites.
Last edited by Matt on Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Bug

Postby Bobby » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:36 pm

The weapon sway is jittery with some mods in Gzdoom 4.5.0
Bobby

Re: Bug

Postby wildweasel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Bobby wrote:The weapon sway is jittery with some mods in Gzdoom 4.5.0

Merged this to another topic, it sounds like the same issue.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Return to Technical Issues