Autoload enabled but not working

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Fat_Angus

Autoload enabled but not working

Post by Fat_Angus »

I'm trying to autoload a .pk3 file, but it won't work! Autoload is enabled, but after adding the file to be autoloaded in the .ini file, the file is reset and the string I add to it has been cleared. The path is correct too! Please fix this!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Autoload enabled but not working

Post by Rachael »

Autoload works fine for me.

Can't fix something if we don't know what's wrong on your end.
Fat_Angus

Post by Fat_Angus »

There's nothing wrong on my end! I went to add a file in the ini file under Autoload but when I go to run the game nothing happens and the game has deleted the string from the ini file. It shouldn't do this!
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Can you please post the section of your ini with Autoload with your file added before it gets deleted? Maybe it will help shed the light on this issue.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Fat_Angus wrote:There's nothing wrong on my end! I went to add a file in the ini file under Autoload but when I go to run the game nothing happens and the game has deleted the string from the ini file. It shouldn't do this!
This attitude of "it's your problem, not mine" really is not the kind of thing that makes me want to help you. You aren't doing yourself any favors at all, no matter how it makes you feel.

Maybe stop for a moment and take a step back - and think - maybe - just maybe - instead of just blanketly saying "it's all your fault" - you could drop this nonsense and try to work with us instead of blaming us. If you do that, it's actually possible (and likely) that you'll get a solution to your problem instead of a smart response.
m8f wrote:Can you please post the section of your ini with Autoload with your file added before it gets deleted? Maybe it will help shed the light on this issue.
Also this.

And posting your operating system and what GZDoom version you are using might help, too.
Fat_Angus

Post by Fat_Angus »

I wasn't blaming anyone, and I didn't say or even stipulate that it was anybody's fault. All I did was refute the idea that a technical issue on my end (i.e. OS or filesystem related) was to blame.

Never mind, I've finally sorted the problem out.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Fat_Angus wrote:Never mind, I've finally sorted the problem out.
What was the problem?
Fat_Angus

Post by Fat_Angus »

Blue Shadow wrote:
Fat_Angus wrote:Never mind, I've finally sorted the problem out.
What was the problem?
Just a typo. Seemingly trivial, but I spent a lot longer tracking it down than I should have.

Return to “Technical Issues”