recurring problem

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
ImLostInHell
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

recurring problem

Post by ImLostInHell »

Hello, I'm new to the DOOM community, tho I've gravitated around for quite a few years. I bought Ultimate DOOM on Steam yesterday and was really confused but had some fun. I wanted to have more fun and decided to install Brutal DOOM, but no matter the version of GZDoom, the tutorial I followed or even the use of ZDL, I wasn't able to launch the game and kept on having this error code : "DirectInputCreate failed: 80004005"

I added the bug repport as I read on another topic (but it didn't helped me)

Thanks in advance for your answers, have a nice day.
Attachments
report files (80004005).txt
the said file
(2.79 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: recurring problem

Post by Kappes Buur »

You certainly installed more then just BD.
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/gzdoom.pk3, 583 lumps
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/Iwads/DOOM.WAD, 2306 lumps
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/External files/brutal19.pk3, 5121 lumps
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/External files/brutal19.pk3:terrain.wad, 261 lumps
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/External files/DoomMetalVol4.wad, 64 lumps
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/External files/DoomNukem's BD Weapons v1.pk3, 133 lumps
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/External files/Mr Chris's Brutalized Doom 1&2 Levels.wad, 656 lumps
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/External files/NC-DE HUD-Brutal Doom.pk3, 74 lumps
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/External files/sound pk_doom_sfx_20120224.wad, 77 lumps
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/External files/Special Brightmaps.pk3, 759 lumps
adding C:/Users/[My username]/Desktop/Brutal DOOM/Doom/External files/v16 Zombie Sounds (BD Mutator).pk3, 46 lumps
With that many unrelated resource files you are bound to run into trouble.
What you could do is, delete one resource file at a time until you can play properly.
My guess is DOOM.WAD and BD.pk3.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Won't run even the iwad alone. First clean up the folder and install a recent GZDoom version, that's ancient.
ImLostInHell
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ImLostInHell »

So, I did a total reinstall of Ultimate DOOM (deleted the previous folder existing) and reinstalled a newer version of GZDoom in a brand new folder, I tried to play and it worked like a charm, I managed to the first world without any problems.
But now I hesitate a lot before trying to install Brutal Doom as well, any hint of what should I do ? Tutorials didn't helped that much the first time so I'm quite reluctent.

Thanks again.

Edit: I turned on my PC again this morning, and I was unable to launch GZDoom (without Brutal Doom), it said the same error code (DirectInputCreate failed: 80004005), again I joined the report in this edit.
Attachments
Report (03-14-2020.txt
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

Return to “Technical Issues”