Vulkan turning GZDoom into a green screen

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

Vulkan turning GZDoom into a green screen

Post by Guest »

I was playing Doom 2 and I was messing arround with video settings, I turned on vulkan. I had no idea that after resetting it would turn my game into a solid green screen. Now any wad I open is a solid green screen. I've re-downloaded both GZDoom and all of my wads but the problem still persits. Any ideas?

I am running GZDoom 4.2.4 on a mac, it was working perficly fine before I reset it.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Vulkan turning GZDoom into a green screen

Post by Rachael »

Try adding "+vid_enablevulkan 0" (without quotes) on the command line options in the startup box to set back to OpenGL mode again, see if that does anything.
_mental_

Re: Vulkan turning GZDoom into a green screen

Post by _mental_ »

What’s the spec of your Mac?

Return to “Technical Issues”