GZDoom doesn't run on Linux with multiple iwads.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

GZDoom doesn't run on Linux with multiple iwads.

Post by Guest »

Here is the deal: When I put one iwad to the gzdoom folder on Linux game runs fine. But when I put other iwads into the folder it when I try to run the game it shuts itself down. Then I found a file called crash-gzdoom.log on my home directory which contains following error;
*** Fatal Error ***
Address not mapped to object (signal 11)
Address: 0xc5

System: Linux Freedom 5.0.0-32-generic #34~18.04.2-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 10 10:36:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

GZDoom version g4.2.3 (d5ff2746be69636ed17c197877407ee2ad12b8f7)
Compiler version: 9.2.0

Command line: /opt/gzdoom/gzdoom

Wad 0: gzdoom.pk3
Wad 1: game_support.pk3
Wad 2: HEXEN.WAD

Not in a level.

Executing: gdb --quiet --batch --command=gdb-respfile-0j6Ooi

I don't have this issue when I run Windows version with Wine but that way I can't play mods. And the GZDoom version Lutris uses is 3.6.0 which isn't only outdated it also... get this, has performance issues for some reason even tho I have no problem playing Quake, Ion Fury or Xonotic. What should I do?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: GZDoom doesn't run on Linux with multiple iwads.

Post by Graf Zahl »

Do you get a full crash log? This doesn't give any information about a potential cause.

Return to “Technical Issues”