Sv_cheats 1; impossible to enable

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
DoomRulz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Sv_cheats 1; impossible to enable

Post by DoomRulz »

Hey folks,

Regardless of whether I type "sv_cheats 1" or "sv_cheats true" into the console whilst in-game and receiving the message that said command will be active for the next game, nothing changes. After typing in the command and restarting my last save, then typing in a Doom cheat code, the game still says, "sv_cheats must be true to enable this command".

How the heck do I solve this problem?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Sv_cheats 1; impossible to enable

Post by Graf Zahl »

Do not load a save. This variable is being stored in there and overrides your local setting when reloading.
DoomRulz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by DoomRulz »

Graf Zahl wrote:Do not load a save. This variable is being stored in there and overrides your local setting when reloading.
Does that mean the only way to enable it, after typing sv_cheats true in the console, is to start a new game?
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

But why is it stored in savegames? I don't remember how it worked in Quake engine games.
Edit: now that i think of it cheats can be used anyway in single player games.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

It's a server CVAR, which means it is game state. All current server CVARs are part of the savegame.
Dark-Assassin

Post by Dark-Assassin »

One thing that I couldn't figure out is why you need to restart the map to enable them.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

The entire point of this CVAR is to block cheats. If you could just disable it, it'd be useless. This is primarily a multiplayer option, plus, of course settable per skill.

Return to “Technical Issues”