Error Code C0000005 when loading WAD

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Shalashaska
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Error Code C0000005 when loading WAD

Post by Shalashaska »

I was running a previous version of GZdoom (not sure which version it was) with no issues, and today I downloaded the most recent release. When I installed the new version, I get an error code each time I try to load a WAD.

I have attached the crash report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, poked around but didn't see any threads pertaining to this issue directly.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
Crash Report
(21.26 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Error Code C0000005 when loading WAD

Post by wildweasel »

The uploaded crash report indicates the crash happened in ig7icd64.dll, which if I recall is the Intel Graphics driver.
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Thanks for the quick response.

It’s an older laptop, running with an intel HD 4000. I will double check that the drivers are up to date, and reply.

Any idea if there’s a specific issue with that GPU and this version of GZDoom?
Shalashaska

Post by Shalashaska »

Update:

Drivers are up to date, still no luck with the latest release of GZDoom. However, i have downloaded the 3.5.1 version and everything seems to be working fine in that version.

Return to “Technical Issues”