No keyboard input when using a .bat file or ZDL

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Yellow2206
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: No keyboard input when using a .bat file or ZDL

Post by Yellow2206 »

Rachael wrote:
Yellow2206 wrote: i would but i guess this'll just get fixed soon so thanks for helping sadly it didn't work but still but you tried the best you could so i guess ill see you another time
We can't fix anything if we're unable to reproduce the issue. That's why I moved this from Bug to Tech Issues.
true but i mean i guess ill somehow find a method that works
zhadoom

Post by zhadoom »

Hello Yellow! :D

To give it one more try:
Can you please explain what you can access by keyboard?
When you start GZDoom from .bat/ZDL, can you access the menu?
If yes, can you access the player control submenu?
If yes, can you check that all key bindings are correct?

Can you open the console? Can you type in there?
If yes, what exactly does NOT work?

Which parameters do you provide in ZDL?
What does the .bat look like?

Kind regards
zhd
Yellow2206
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yellow2206 »

zhadoom wrote:Hello Yellow! :D

To give it one more try:
Can you please explain what you can access by keyboard?
When you start GZDoom from .bat/ZDL, can you access the menu?
If yes, can you access the player control submenu?
If yes, can you check that all key bindings are correct?

Can you open the console? Can you type in there?
If yes, what exactly does NOT work?

Which parameters do you provide in ZDL?
What does the .bat look like?

Kind regards
zhd

Sorry for the late response

"Can you please explain what you can access by keyboard?" i can't open the menu with my keyboard but i can with my mouse "When you start GZDoom from .bat/ZDL, can you access the menu?" i can but i can only use my mouse "If yes, can you access the player control submenu?" yup going to menus works fine i just cant use my keyboard "If yes, can you check that all key bindings are correct?" all of them are fine except when i try to change one no input occurs even on the mouse which opened the menu. "" i can just not using ` having to got through options to get to that. "If yes, what exactly does NOT work?" everything's normal in the console except when i type "whereisini" it says it's in appdata/roaming/Gzdoom
"Which parameters do you provide in ZDL?" i have none although im not too sure if i do need one "What does the .bat look like?" gzdoom.exe -file TiltPlusPlus_1.6.pk3 SmoothDoom.pk3

Return to “Technical Issues”