GZDoom 4.0 Runs REAL slow, delayed menu selection.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Spladam

GZDoom 4.0 Runs REAL slow, delayed menu selection.

Post by Spladam »

If I exit gzdoom 4.0 after normal start and gameplay and restart it, the source port itself runs real slow, menu takes several seconds to appear, everything has a delay, changing menu selection also takes several seconds. When I boot my tablet, the first time I run gzdoom seems fine. After the issue starts to happen, it will sometimes work normally again if I delete the .ini file, let it make a new one and restart (still runs slow) delete the ini then copy old ini file back in. It will also sometimes work normally if I change iwad, but if I exit and load same iwad again it might return to slow/delayed performance. If I try to enter a game when it is like this, the screen wipe runs at 1 frame ever two seconds or so, almost at a stand still. This bug seems to be random sometimes.

When gzdoom 4.0 starts without this issue it runs great. I also use GZDoom 3.3.2 on the system, it has no issue like this. This pretty much only happens when I run gzdoom 4.0, exit, then run it again, but it has occurred once after switching to full screen, so I'd guess it has to do with the render.

gzdoom 4.0 32 bit
Windows 10 on two in one tablet
Intel Atom Z3735f @ 1.33Mhz with Intel integrated graphics
Using the OpenGL hardware render, maximized window.

Let me know if I can provide any more information or if anyone has a possible workaround or quick fix.

Return to “Technical Issues”