zandronum ambient light setting??

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
mustslam

zandronum ambient light setting??

Post by mustslam »

question 1

ok, ive always used gzdoom, and skulltag, and finnally have been trying out offline skirmish on zandronum.

i like my ambient light setting on 255 and fog mode off, but my changes dont seem to work on offline skirmish.

question 2

also, if i were to create a server, how would i make these settings apply?

thanks. :P
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: zandronum ambient light setting??

Post by Rachael »

Please don't recreate a new account for every question. Pick an account and stick with it. Accounts are optional to post in most of these forums, even, so you don't even need one, if you're creating throw-aways just to post. But we will not tolerate this anymore - you have been warned.
mustslam

Post by mustslam »

I apologize.

I’ve just never held on to anything related to any online community to be honest. I’m a nomad basically.

Thank you for not banning my ip at this point, I’m surprised. I am unworthy of your patience.
———

So, can anyone answer my question then haha XD
mustslam

Post by mustslam »

Rachael wrote:Please don't recreate a new account for every question. Pick an account and stick with it. Accounts are optional to post in most of these forums, even, so you don't even need one, if you're creating throw-aways just to post. But we will not tolerate this anymore - you have been warned.

Did you receive my last post? Why am I banned lol
mustslam

Post by mustslam »

I did sincerely apologize :(
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I banned your original email so that you couldn't use it to create another account and then throw it to a random email like you had been doing before. I've removed the ban for now, with your apology, but please don't do that. It sends an email to the targeted address, whether it's your's or not, and it seems like some of those emails may just be random and not your's.

Zandronum may have removed the ambient light setting since GZDoom did, anyhow. Even if they didn't, since it's a multiplayer-centric port they might've removed it just because it was a cheat.

I don't know how to make those settings apply, other than to create a mod that essentially nullifies lighting effects.

Return to “Technical Issues”