No menu graphics in new GZdoom

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
DeathCold

Re: No menu graphics in new GZdoom

Post by DeathCold »

drfrag wrote:But it's a different scenario, you'd be installing a driver from scratch not updating it.
However now i remember the latest driver was a beta (not sure), install the previous one then.
Edit: this one: https://www2.ati.com/drivers/whql-win8. ... -oct30.exe
Well, i tried it out and... i got bkack screen again, after installing new driver. And i nearly managed to install back the old driver. And no, new GZDoom still not working properly, even after reinstalling drivers. So yeah, i think i have to quit trying to make it work, and left mods for Doom behind. Sad, but what else i can do? Cause, like, non of those mods works with Zandronum or, at least, old version of OpenGL, the one that Zandronum uses. And there is a many amazing mods, like Brutal Wolfenstein, Project Brutality, Castlevania Simon's Destiny and DOOM 4 Doom, and all of them i have to throw in trash, by deleting them from my computer. That's unfair, but... i have to deal with it. Anyway, thanks for help. You did your best to help me. Good bye :cry:
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: No menu graphics in new GZdoom

Post by TDRR »

DeathCold wrote:
drfrag wrote:But it's a different scenario, you'd be installing a driver from scratch not updating it.
However now i remember the latest driver was a beta (not sure), install the previous one then.
Edit: this one: https://www2.ati.com/drivers/whql-win8. ... -oct30.exe
Well, i tried it out and... i got bkack screen again, after installing new driver. And i nearly managed to install back the old driver. And no, new GZDoom still not working properly, even after reinstalling drivers. So yeah, i think i have to quit trying to make it work, and left mods for Doom behind. Sad, but what else i can do? Cause, like, non of those mods works with Zandronum or, at least, old version of OpenGL, the one that Zandronum uses. And there is a many amazing mods, like Brutal Wolfenstein, Project Brutality, Castlevania Simon's Destiny and DOOM 4 Doom, and all of them i have to throw in trash, by deleting them from my computer. That's unfair, but... i have to deal with it. Anyway, thanks for help. You did your best to help me. Good bye :cry:
Do you know you can simply enable software mode right?

Here's a config file pre-set to windowed 640x480 software mode: https://www.mediafire.com/file/4o990xyy ... m.ini/file

Delete all .ini files in your GZDoom directory and put this one in.

Return to “Technical Issues”