Little problem. I'll be brief ^^

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Codenod

Little problem. I'll be brief ^^

Post by Codenod »

Hi! probably nobody will see/will have interest in answering but I'll give a try.

I was trying to begin a run (the way id did) but I can't see the episodes when I start. I can see only 3 episodes "hell on earth", "base instinct", "The final gate".

I already tried using only that wad, but nothing. Newest version of gzdoom. How do I play the first 4 episodes? Help would be appreciated, ignoring ... well, you're not the best person in the world :P
Thanks!
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Little problem. I'll be brief ^^

Post by TDRR »

What? If i'm understanding correctly you are trying to run Doom The Way ID Did with Doom 2, which won't work, you need Doom 1/Ultimate Doom.

If you don't have it you can download FreeDoom and use Phase 1 with Doom The Way ID Did.
https://freedoom.github.io/index.html
Codenod

Post by Codenod »

Hi TDRR, thanks for replying. I've created a new folder and I put in there GZDoom(last version), BDBE (I've tried with BD21RC3 as well), Freedom Phase1 as you told me, and DTWID. I've put all of these files in the autoload as always, but still not working, even if I try to draw them to Gzdoom. Now, when I choose the episodes, the only episodes I'm able to select are "Outpost Outbreak", "Military Labs", "Event horizon", "Double Impact". I feel like an idiot because I think there's something very simple to do but I'm newbie to this world. Have you got some idea? Thanks!!
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by TDRR »

Codenod wrote:Hi TDRR, thanks for replying. I've created a new folder and I put in there GZDoom(last version), BDBE (I've tried with BD21RC3 as well), Freedom Phase1 as you told me, and DTWID. I've put all of these files in the autoload as always, but still not working, even if I try to draw them to Gzdoom. Now, when I choose the episodes, the only episodes I'm able to select are "Outpost Outbreak", "Military Labs", "Event horizon", "Double Impact". I feel like an idiot because I think there's something very simple to do but I'm newbie to this world. Have you got some idea? Thanks!!
Select those, they are Freedoom's equivalent to the Doom episodes and are appropiately replaced by DTWID's maps. Which means that when you play one of them you will be playing DTWID (as long as it is loaded of course)
Codenod

Post by Codenod »

Ok I was confused about the names. Actually I saw some videos on youtube and looks like they're exactly the same levels. Thanks, the post can be closed ^^

Return to “Technical Issues”