Slade updated, now entire UI is blank

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
vAethor

Slade updated, now entire UI is blank

Post by vAethor »

I know Slade probably isn't covered here, but I don't know where else to post this.

I opened Slade and it suddenly wanted to update, so I did, but then I noticed after the update to version 3.1.1.5 all the icons, toolbars, splash screen and other UI elements are completely blank:
https://i.ibb.co/tDcR6Bp/2018-12-08-12-11-56.png
https://i.ibb.co/tDcR6Bp/2018-12-08-12-11-56.png

I managed to temporarily fix it by uninstalling and then reinstalling Slade (I first tried uninstalling the newest version and reinstalling my previous one, but the problem persisted, but then I uninstalled that and reinstalled the new version and the GUI is back.) But now I had an issue where it nags me to download the latest update every time I start it, even though I already have the latest update. And I am pretty sure if I re-download and install it again, the problem will come back.

Any ideas what's going on? I have another issue with Slade that arose after getting my new computer, and I was going to post that one, but then this new issue came up literally five minutes ago.

Return to “Technical Issues”