Brutal doom Shader loading ?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Brutal doom Shader loading ?

Post by Rachael »

Yes, it is a very common problem. You pretty much need a super computer to run Brutal Doom reliably, at this point. I still would suggest trying out BDLite though - it may be what you are looking for.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=62203
Enarkz

Post by Enarkz »

it there a way to reduce it on other mods ? a common menu --> sound things that could save a bit of ram/cpu power maybe ? If there is no answers then thanks you nonetheless, always fine to encounter nice peoples on the internet
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I don't know much about it since I've never had to deal with this issue very much, but I know that it really depends on individual mods. A lot of mods will expose their options to the menu and they will affect their performance and how they play. So that's the best option I can give you, there. Other than that - load GZDoom with minimal settings - I know texture scaling can hurt performance a lot sometimes, in particular, but with your CPU that shouldn't be much of an issue.
Enarkz

Post by Enarkz »

Rachael wrote:I don't know much about it since I've never had to deal with this issue very much, but I know that it really depends on individual mods. A lot of mods will expose their options to the menu and they will affect their performance and how they play. So that's the best option I can give you, there. Other than that - load GZDoom with minimal settings - I know texture scaling can hurt performance a lot sometimes, in particular, but with your CPU that shouldn't be much of an issue.
Alright i'll get along with it. Could you please specify your rig since you don't have any problem ? I'm changing computer for christmas i think
Enarkz

Post by Enarkz »

Just tried loading gzdoom with no trilinear filter and no antialiasing x8, maybe it was the problem i've not experienced a frozen frame in 5 mn and the GPU is probably the weakest part of my pc

EDIT : False Hypothesis, it does it. I think i'll upload a video with timestamps because it's really bugging me rn
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I don't play Brutal Doom so I don't think the specs of my rig are going to help you. For what it's worth I have the same CPU though.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Enarkz wrote:Alright i'll get along with it
You should be able to play BD fine on your computer (except with big maps containing over 1000 monsters). I'm on a core2 duo with a gt 710.
Check nvidia control panel, power settings and change power management to maximum performance or adaptive.
You could try my brutal doom v20 legacy edition, it has some optimizations and a lot of bug fixes. Very important: enable the janitor.
Enarkz

Post by Enarkz »

You're meaning that you don't have the "frozen frame" problem on your computer ? It's really random on my end and to give a comparison it seems like a freeze who durate half the time of the autosave "freeze" (which happens at the start of every level by default)sometimes it'es 5 times in a little map with 10 ennemies and sometime 0 times in bigger maps with a cheap weapon pack so i really don't know. I tried to mess with the panel like i said earlier and it gave nothing. Maybe it's happening to everyone but no one's complaining about it? It's the type of thing which is not a big deal before you begin to pay attention to it :geek:
Enarkz

Post by Enarkz »

Any more advices ? it does it in every mods

Return to “Technical Issues”