Building on VS2017, can't find lzma source files?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
gramps

Building on VS2017, can't find lzma source files?

Post by gramps »

I'm having a weird issue building gzdoom on Windows.

I forked and cloned the repo, installed cmake and Visual Studio CE 2107, generated the project file with cmake, and built in VS (all last night, everything should be up to date).
fail.png
It can't find some lzma files... but the files are there, and there's nothing weird about their permissions or ownership, they're just like all the other source files.
files.png
Anyone have any idea what's going on here?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Building on VS2017, can't find lzma source files?

Post by Rachael »

Try nuking the build folder completely, and rerunning CMake. CMake is very finicky about when and how you installed things.
gramps

Re: Building on VS2017, can't find lzma source files?

Post by gramps »

Hmm, I just moved everything into "Documents" and got much better results. No idea why. Anyway, still hitting a few snags...
fail02.png
Will mess around with cmake and see if I can get it working, maybe some of those config options can fix this?

That header file it's looking for is in there with the other lzma stuff, but I have no idea what I'm doing as far as making sure cmake set up correct include paths for VS.

Edit:

Alright, I'm stumped. After removing cmake cache manually, it's back to the way it was in the first post (except under "Documents" now).

Have tried building the projects (jpeg, bz2, etc.) individually, they all build fine except the few that need lzma. But lzma just can't seem to find its source files, even though it's looking in the right place.

I looked at some of the CMakeLists files, and didn't see much difference between the lzma makefile and the others, or anything special about lzma in the top level makefile. Include path setup looked alright. No idea what's going on with it.

Edit 2:

Got it to build, but had to change some stuff in source tree. Reported it as a bug.

Return to “Technical Issues”