GZdoom legacy crashing after first level.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

GZdoom legacy crashing after first level.

Post by Guest »

hi guys,

have to run legacy build as regular gzdoom won't work on my laptop graphics, i am running into a probloem both with la tailor girl WAD and vanilla Doom.

first level boots up normally and options menu works, but after the first level i get a fatal error as the stage starts. this happens on both WADS and Vanilla Doom.

anyone with similar issues?

thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: GZdoom legacy crashing after first level.

Post by wildweasel »

Please save the crash report to disk, then upload the resulting zip file somewhere and post it here.
Outrider

Post by Outrider »

ok i saved it

here it is.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(23.1 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

While I'm not a developer, it looks like the crash is occurring in your graphics driver, or at least I'm assuming that's what ig4icd32.dll is. You appear to be running Windows 8; does Windows Update give you any newer drivers for your graphics hardware? (See Rachael's post for further information; I have been proven wrong.)
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

wildweasel wrote:While I'm not a developer, it looks like the crash is occurring in your graphics driver, or at least I'm assuming that's what ig4icd32.dll is.
This is correct.
wildweasel wrote:You appear to be running Windows 8; does Windows Update give you any newer drivers for your graphics hardware?
However, this is not the correct solution. The best solution is to check your laptop vendor for an updated driver and install it. If it's more than a year out of date, then check Intel's web page, instead.

Also, the screenshot shows window decorations and a taskbar reminiscent of Windows 10. It's possible he had to use _mental_'s manifest updater in order to get the Intel drivers to work - and using that will cause GZDoom to report the incorrect Windows version.

Return to “Technical Issues”