How to update GZDoom

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

How to update GZDoom

Post by Guest »

I already have gzdoom installed and want to update it to the newest build 3.5.1. Do I uninstall my current version then install the newer one? Or, do I just install the newer version and will that overwrite the old one? Simple question but an important one... I am running OS X. Thanks!
Valken

Re: How to update GZDoom

Post by Valken »

Just install over the previous installation and it should work. But between major building numbers say 2.x to 3.x you should just copy over the gzdoom-xxx.ini to a new folder/directory with the newest GZDoom where xxx is your user name as many files may be way outdated and used or not used.

Re: How to update GZDoom

Post by Guest »

Thanks valkan, I assumed it was fine to overwrite it and I did just that after making this post. Hopefully if anyone else ever has this question they will see this post :)

Return to “Technical Issues”