GZDoom 3.5.0 game-breaking issue

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

GZDoom 3.5.0 game-breaking issue

Post by Guest »

Every time I change to a new level or sometimes just start the game, it crashes and gives me a message saying something like this:

Code: C0000005 (Access Violation - tried to read address 0000006C)
Address: 6929A6B1
Flags: 00000000

There is some bullsh*t here and I don't know what to do about it.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: GZDoom 3.5.0 game-breaking issue

Post by Caligari87 »

We need more information. Operating system? Processor type? GPU? Any mods being run? Are your drivers up to date? Pastebin of the crash log?

8-)

Post by Guest »

Caligari87 wrote:
> We need more information. Operating system? Processor type? GPU? Any mods being run?
> Are your drivers up to date? [url=https://pastebin.com/]Pastebin[/url] of the crash
> log?
>
> 8-)

Windows Vintage build of GZDoom, No mods, just Doom2.wad for this crash but the issue has happened when i use mods as well.

This is the log. All I did was start a game, then change to map 2 to test(it had crashed for the same reason many times before this)

https://pastebin.com/iKVK43BA
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Does it happen only with vid_rendermode 4 (hardware opengl)? Does 3.4.1 crash the same?
Do you see the wipe? If not try changing the screen wipe style. Does it still crash?

Post by Guest »

I changed the render mode to Doom Software Renderer, and it seems to have fixed the problem, but at the cost of sh*tty lighting
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

This looks like a driver problem. What about changing the wipe to none in opengl accelerated mode? And about 3.4.1?

Post by Guest »

The screen wipe doesn't affect it at all, only the rendermode. As for 3.4.1, I would have to check.

Post by Guest »

3.4.1 doesn't appear to have the problem.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Strange, we'll need a full crash report this time.

Post by Guest »

Here is the report.txt

https://pastebin.com/uNHyPmyK

Post by Guest »

Okay, I made an account. The post by "Cyril Sedgecherk" was me, and "Velma Cabbleville" was also me.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

As expected it crashes inside Intel OpenGL driver. Who knows what it doesn’t like. These drivers have a long history of various bugs, so this crash is not a big surprise.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

Thanks. Could you try now disabling render buffers? (setting gl_renderbuffers to 0).

Return to “Technical Issues”