[HELP] Getting my MOD to run on MAC

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Hidden Hands

[HELP] Getting my MOD to run on MAC

Post by Hidden Hands »

I'm in need of some serious help. I recently compiled a demon of my game The Killing Joke and sent it off to my friend to test run it. However, he has a MAC and could not get it to work. My game runs on GZDOOM, but the big issue here is how to compile a zip or rar and the instructions required to get it to run on his computer.

My mod/WAD currently can be dragged over the GZDOOM.exe and boots up on WINDOWS. What is required to get it to work the same on MAC? I downloaded a DMG file for GZDOOM to compile a MAC-Friendly version, but because I'm on a PC, I don't know what to do with that file.

Please help, anyone.
Thanks in advance.
_mental_

Re: [HELP] Getting my MOD to run on MAC

Post by _mental_ »

It's quite problematic to make custom macOS version without having a Mac.
Your friend needs to download GZDoom and the mod separately, "install" GZDoom application bundle by copying it from disk image to some folder and drag mod file(s) on it.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

This isn't a Tutorial, so I've moved it over to Technical Issues.
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

_mental_ wrote:It's quite problematic to make custom macOS version without having a Mac.
Your friend needs to download GZDoom and the mod separately, "install" GZDoom application bundle by copying it from disk image to some folder and drag mod file(s) on it.
Ok. I'll try to get him to try that but it's going to be a challenge I think.

Return to “Technical Issues”