No music playback

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Firebat

No music playback

Post by Firebat »

I downloaded the latest version from the downloads section in the deb package for Ubuntu, my distro is Lubuntu 16.04 LTS. The game runs as normal, but there is no music playback whatsoever (game sounds are still present). I know this has to do with MIDI stuff but I can't get it to work still either by downloading new libraries nor messing around with the gzdoom.ini (probably pointless, restored it now). What exactly is wrong with this? :?

Here is the log:
Spoiler:
_mental_

Re: No music playback

Post by _mental_ »

This seems to be the issue with Linux packages. The embedded soundfont is placed in the same directory with executable and .pk3's but engine searches for in soundfonts subdirectory.
I don’t have a machine running Linux at hand to confirm the problem. Just unpacked .deb and noticed this.
Firebat

Re: No music playback

Post by Firebat »

After adding a soundfonts folder and placing the .sf2 file there, the problem kept going, but I had a hunch that the problem might lie elsewhere. I had set the audio profile in Volume Control Analog Surround 4.0. Changing it back to Analog Stereo Duplex, then switching the playback device on OpenAL options on GZDoom to default solved the problem. Now it works fine. Thanks!

Return to “Technical Issues”