No music playback

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

No music playback

Postby Firebat » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:40 am

I downloaded the latest version from the downloads section in the deb package for Ubuntu, my distro is Lubuntu 16.04 LTS. The game runs as normal, but there is no music playback whatsoever (game sounds are still present). I know this has to do with MIDI stuff but I can't get it to work still either by downloading new libraries nor messing around with the gzdoom.ini (probably pointless, restored it now). What exactly is wrong with this? :?

Here is the log:
Spoiler:
Firebat

Re: No music playback

Postby _mental_ » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:44 am

This seems to be the issue with Linux packages. The embedded soundfont is placed in the same directory with executable and .pk3's but engine searches for in soundfonts subdirectory.
I don’t have a machine running Linux at hand to confirm the problem. Just unpacked .deb and noticed this.
_mental_

Re: No music playback

Postby Firebat » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:55 am

After adding a soundfonts folder and placing the .sf2 file there, the problem kept going, but I had a hunch that the problem might lie elsewhere. I had set the audio profile in Volume Control Analog Surround 4.0. Changing it back to Analog Stereo Duplex, then switching the playback device on OpenAL options on GZDoom to default solved the problem. Now it works fine. Thanks!
Firebat

Return to Technical Issues