V-Sync's broken on AMD card's

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Aeyesx

V-Sync's broken on AMD card's

Post by Aeyesx »

Hey!

I recently after long time tried gzdoom but the screen was heavily tearing. So I enabled VSYNC but it had no effect.
I was running Win10(64bit) and latest GPU drivers (AMD R7 360, Intel i7 3770k).
So opened the driver settings and added profile specificly to gzdoom.exe and forced VSYNC ON.
This had a sort-of effect as it loaded locked at 30 fps and it was painfully stuttering.
So it is either heavily tearing or stuttering resulting in awfull use.

My guess is that it is completly incompatible with AMD's FreeSync (Framerate synced with monitor) or AMD's improved V-sync (EnhancedSync, vsync without input-lag/stuttering) and thus suffering very badly.
I still have my CRT monitor lying around, but I would rather use my 4K monitor so ... letting u know ...
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: V-Sync's broken on AMD card's

Post by Graf Zahl »

What numbers do you get when typing 'vid_fps 1' at the console?
Aeyesx

Re: V-Sync's broken on AMD card's

Post by Aeyesx »

So... I rushed to see the vid_fps and... suddently it all works...
I cannot replicate what I just described above it works as expected (as it should), I didn't even rebooted the computer.
Very strange :/ I apologize then. I tried that many times before and it was always the same.
Closing the topic

Return to “Technical Issues”