Any way to reduce lag on mobile?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

Any way to reduce lag on mobile?

Post by Guest »

I'm running gzdoom 3.2.5 using the app "Delta touch" on my samsung Galaxy J7 (brand new btw) and I have noticed that while running any significant mod with doom 2 like Brutal doom 21b, Project brutality 3.0 or Reelism expansion pack #3 (reelism only gets about 2 fps) BD and PB run fine on the first small levels but later where there are more things in the map i see less and less frames. In short, wondering if it's possible to increase prefomance on a mobile device without root access.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Any way to reduce lag on mobile?

Post by Graf Zahl »

Those mods were made for desktop PCs that are several times more powerful than a mobile device. So no, there's nothing you can do. The problem is not system configuration but hardware capabilities.
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by TDRR »

You could try with D-Touch, currently you can get it on Amazon store or the Google method.

I have played BD21 on my crappy android tablet and it runs amazingly well with D-Touch, but runs very slow in Delta-Touch, also i will upload a low graphics patch that works wonders for BD21 and for Project Brutality (But it's version 2.03) so PM me if you want them.

Besides that you could try going into OpenGL options and disabling texture filtering and anisostropic filtering, and disable dynamic lights and any shaders too.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

TDRR wrote:You could try with D-Touch, currently you can get it on Amazon store or the Google method.
Delta Touch is the same as D-Touch.
Oakland Raiders

Post by Oakland Raiders »

TDRR wrote:You could try with D-Touch, currently you can get it on Amazon store or the Google method.

I have played BD21 on my crappy android tablet and it runs amazingly well with D-Touch, but runs very slow in Delta-Touch, also i will upload a low graphics patch that works wonders for BD21 and for Project Brutality (But it's version 2.03) so PM me if you want them.

Besides that you could try going into OpenGL options and disabling texture filtering and anisostropic filtering, and disable dynamic lights and any shaders too.
Could you send me the low graphics patch? Thanks in advance. Also, sorry for the bump. I don't see an option where I can pm.

Return to “Technical Issues”