How to find HUD scale option in ini file.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Spladam

How to find HUD scale option in ini file.

Post by Spladam »

Hey guys, brand new around here.
I'm using the latest version of GZdoom 3.3.2
I need to set the HUD scale to 3, I've found all the key mappings but cannot figure out which option is to set the HUD scale (The slider in the game that sets the size of the character and weapons hud at the bottom of the screen.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: How to find HUD scale option in ini file.

Post by Graf Zahl »

You look for that in the menu, not the INI file. It's under "HUD options" (duh), and then under "Scaling options" (where else...?)
That thing is a bit more complex than one single setting.
Korell

Post by Korell »

As Graf said, use the HUD options -> Scaling options menu, as it is easier that way. This said, I've done a comparison on a before and after of the ini file having tweaked all of the scaling settings, and this has revealed the below settings within the ini file, should you really want to change them this way:

uiscale : User Interface scale (this is the master scale and a value of 0 adapts to screen size)
con_scaletext : Messages scale override (0 uses the default scale as set by uiscale)
con_scale : Console scale override (0 uses the default scale as set by uiscale)
st_scale : Statusbar scale override (0 uses the default scale as set by uiscale)
hud_scale : Fullscreen HUD scale override (0 uses the default scale as set by uiscale)
hud_althudscale : Alternative HUD scale override (0 uses the default scale as set by uiscale)
hud_aspectscale : HUD preserves aspect ratio

There's also hud_althud which sets whether or not the alternative HUD is to be used.

You can find all of these settings within the <Game>.ConsoleVariables section, e.g. Doom.ConsoleVariables.
Spladam

Post by Spladam »

Thanks guys, I've been setting it in game, and yeah, it's not that hard to get to, I was just hoping to have a permanent solution to that. I'll play around with the settings to see if I can get it right, thanks for the info.

Return to “Technical Issues”