Key bindings not working and i cant do anything

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.

Key bindings not working and i cant do anything

Post by Guest »

For some reason if I try to bind keys it just doesn't let me, and if I try to play the game itself i can't even do anything, i cant move,shoot,look around and i cant even go back to the menu. This never happened with the older versions for me and i don't know whats causing it. Has anyone else experienced this before?
Korell

Re: Key bindings not working and i cant do anything

Post by Korell »

You are going to have to provide more information than that. For instance:

What version of Q/G/ZDoom is this?
Where do you have it installed?
When you run it for the first time it should create an ini file that stores your settings. Has this file been created and where is it located?
Is the issue happening with vanilla Doom WADs or just with mods, or maybe a specific mod?
What are your system specs (CPU, GPU, RAM, Operating System)?

Post by Guest »

Version 3.3.2 is the one I'm using and it happens no matter if its vanilla doom or modded.
I don't think an ini file was created either
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You did not answer any of the relevant questions. Read Korell's post line by line and answer every single one of them, please.
Korell

Post by Korell »

At the moment I'm going to guess it's to do with a protected folder in the OS (e.g. Program Files from Windows Vista/7/8/10). But yes, we do need additional details, such as where you've installed it and what OS you are using.

Return to “Technical Issues”