linux alternative to slade?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
angrymerc29

linux alternative to slade?

Post by angrymerc29 »

I have used slade since i started modding back in 2012-2013 but with windows 10 being utter trash and suddenly restarting my laptop to download updates that do nothing but make my computer run slower every week or so I am making the move to linux,so is there a Linux alternative to slade?
_mental_

Re: linux alternative to slade?

Post by _mental_ »

SLADE is cross-platform and it works on Linux. There is no binary distribution as far as I know, you need to build it yourself.
angrymerc29

Post by angrymerc29 »

I see thanks
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

If you're on Debian, http://debian.drdteam.org/ has stable builds of common ZDoom-related software, including Slade. I use this so I don't have to bother with custom builds or out-of-scope installations, I can just let apt handle it.

8-)

Return to “Technical Issues”