GZDoom 3.2.3 Zip archive won't extract

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Nino

GZDoom 3.2.3 Zip archive won't extract

Post by Nino »

Hi there. First post ever (wow).

I come seeking help. Trying to get the latest GZDoom on my new laptop, v3.2.3 for Win10 x64. Problem is, after I DL the .zip file, I can't extract the files to any folder. Have tried on 2 computers, both very new and fast, and not suffering from any other problems or system corruption (sfc/chkdsk confirms). The same thing happens on both machines, leading me to suspect a corrupted .zip archive. This is what goes down:

-Using Win10's built-in extraction, everything will extract except gzdoom.sf2 and libfluidsynth64.dll, which give error 0x80004005 (unspecified error). I tried a bunch of supposed fixes after googling the error code, to no avail.
-Using 7zip, which I expected to work, actually none of the files will extract, and they all give the same error: "Access denied."

Can anybody help me out with this? I'm usually pretty good with tech stuff, and it's frustrating. Cheers!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: GZDoom 3.2.3 Zip archive won't extract

Post by Rachael »

Windows Explorer's zip shell extension is bugged - the zips are standard and not corrupted in any way and you're not the first to report this issue.

7-zip's interface is not exactly intuitive, but there's 2 ways around it:

One way is to extract to a folder on your desktop, then use Windows Explorer to move the files into their proper place.

Second way is to get the file's full pathname by opening GZDoom-3.2.3.zip and clicking on the path at the top, hitting CTRL+A and CTRL+C and then closing 7-zip, and then shift-right-click on 7-zip, itself, and click "Open as Administrator", wait for it to load, go back to the pathname and click it again, hit CTRL-A CTRL-V to paste it in, and then extract it as before.

Whichever method is easier.
Nino

Post by Nino »

Thanks for the info and the prompt reply! Utilized 7Zip to extract to desktop/gzdoom, and good old Explorer can do the rest! You fixed my GZDoom! Now to complain to Microsoft. Hahaha
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Rachael wrote: 7-zip's interface is not exactly intuitive, but there's 2 ways around it:
Normally right-clicking the Zip and then uncompress through the 7-zip submenu works without problems for me, in fact that's the way I normally unpack Zip files.

Return to “Technical Issues”