[2.4.0] Sound popping in MIDI (FMOD)

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Nevander

[2.4.0] Sound popping in MIDI (FMOD)

Post by Nevander »

I know GZDoom uses OpenAL now but regardless I'd like to know what is going on. Using the FMOD backend of GZDoom 2.4.0, I am hearing some very audible sound "popping" going on in at least one MIDI track. Load up Doom 2 and change the music or IDCLEV to MAP 20 or 26. I notice it at about two minutes into the MIDI. This may happen on other MIDI tracks and even user MIDIs but I just randomly noticed this happening and don't recall it ever being a thing before I tried 2.4.0 and just randomly decided to change to Message for the Archvile.

Could I use a different FMOD DLL if that is the problem?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [2.4.0] Sound popping in MIDI (FMOD)

Post by wildweasel »

I'm popping this over to Technical Issues, so you're more likely to get help with the actual problem instead of being told not to report bugs for old versions.
Nevander

Re: [2.4.0] Sound popping in MIDI (FMOD)

Post by Nevander »

Alright sorry, I will post issues with old versions in Technical Issues instead when I come across something I can't find by searching.

Return to “Technical Issues”