Timidity++ Glitchy-ness

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
taylorm7cl

Timidity++ Glitchy-ness

Post by taylorm7cl »

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the Timidity++ option in GZDoom.
I have installed the graphical Timidity++ for Windows, which I now have working seamlessly. The issue is, is that GZDoom now sounds butchered when using Timidity++. I use the Xbox 360 GUS patches for Doom 2, which now work flawlessly on the Windows component as I've said, but the Timidity++ player in my GZDoom directory *has not* changed, though it sounds like it uses a different soundfont with Timidity++. It only has this issue when the graphical component of Timidity++ is installed in Windows, I much prefer GUS patches over MS Wavelength Synth. Whenever the graphical component of Timidity++ isn't installed, GZDoom uses Timidity++ flawlessly as far as the instruments go, but whenever I install the graphical component to Windows, it jacks up the Timidity++ sound even if I configure it to use Xbox 360 patches (which is a total pain to do.)

Anyone got any idea why this happens and how to fix it?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Timidity++ Glitchy-ness

Post by wildweasel »

"Graphics/Sound Patches" is a subforum for projects that consist of new graphics/sounds. I've moved your topic to Technical Issues, which is a better fit for your question.

Return to “Technical Issues”