Black Screen Gzdoom

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
XASSASSINX

Black Screen Gzdoom

Post by XASSASSINX »

When i try to run GZDoom, I get this black screen, if i try to do something, it start to "not respoding" You know? When it's start to completely stop working (not sure you guys say that on english, in portuguese "Não está respodendo") Anyways, i tried changing my resolution, tried pressing alt + enter, But nothing is working! I think it has to do with something of the config file...?

EDIT: I think it may have to do with resolution. I don't have any ideas, i have searched and nothing!

EDIT 2: I think i discovered something to find the solution. When i run Gzdoom with a wad with only a few or one level, it runs perfectly. I think is because My Gzdoom is not being able to process all of the levels...? But how? Qzdoom process it really quick, So this doens't make any sense!

Return to “Technical Issues”