Custom Light is glitching

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
XASSASSINX

Custom Light is glitching

Post by XASSASSINX »

I was playing Hideous destructor with a custom flashlight, And sometimes when i use the flashlight in some places for a certain angles, it glitch! Here's a screen print:

The colors apparently are reversed. If you wanna any info about my computer or the configs, No problem. I'm saying that because probably is a config that i accidentaly enabled or something.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Custom Light is glitching

Post by phantombeta »

Which renderer are you using? OpenGL, Doom/Carmack Software or Poly/GZDoom Software?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

This appears to be a bug that was recently fixed in the software renderer. The latest devbuilds should not have this behavior.
phantombeta wrote:Which renderer are you using? OpenGL, Doom/Carmack Software or Poly/GZDoom Software?
The screenshot, by my best judgment, appears to be the software renderer, the pitch is downward but the walls do not angle out.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Wasn't this fixed recently?
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Graf Zahl wrote:Wasn't this fixed recently?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57339

In the latest GZDoom I do "autoloadlights true" then restart the game and then I do "give all;sv_infiniteammo true;freeze" and then fire with the plasma gun until I am pretty sure it should be overbrighting and the light is indeed clamped.

Return to “Technical Issues”