Mouselooking frameskiping on Project Brutality

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Nuker75

Mouselooking frameskiping on Project Brutality

Post by Nuker75 »

Hey guys,

After hundreds hours on Brutal Doom, I want to try Project Brutality but I have problem with the mouselooking when I strafe, the game seem to have "frameskiping" when I strafe left or right and looking with my mouse in the same time.
I do research for hours and do not find the solution.

I have this problem only on Project Brutality with the last GZDOOM engine (3.1.0) and same with the gzdoom version from the starterpack ready to play.

I try to turn off/on v-sync, interpolation, set 60hz (I'm on 144hz) ... nothing :/

Brutal Doom and so many others mods work perfectly, and I really want to try this one, someone have an idea ? thanks you. (sorry you can guess english is not my first language :< )

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMS03DJRbTc

edit : I'm with last nvidia drivers, have a good config (gtx1070/i5 4690k/16gb ..)

edit : It was simply the "tilting" option in the rendering project brutality option ...
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Mouselooking frameskiping on Project Brutality

Post by Graf Zahl »

If this is mod specific it's either a problem with the mod (unlikely) or some technical issue with the hardware. The mouse code is identical, regardless of what you play.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

This is a bug with older versions of Nash's Tilt(++) mod, which Project Brutality has included. I think the only way to fix it is either disabling the tilting, or removing the copy of the tilting code in PB and using the standalone version of Tilt++.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I got to thinking, after so many complaints over the years with regards to mouselook and player camera roll, if it's worth opening an isolated bug report. :/

Return to “Technical Issues”