Drag-n-drop wad on latest GZDoom build for Win not working

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
domerdel

Drag-n-drop wad on latest GZDoom build for Win not working

Post by domerdel »

I downloaded the latest Win 64 build for GZDoom. I wanted to play "Tech Gone Bad" a custom wad from Doomworld. The readme file says the base wad needs to be doom.wad or doom1.wad ... I tried both base wads, but it just loads the normal game, not the custom wad. Any ideas? The drag and drop method is cited in your wiki library.
Enjay

Re: Drag-n-drop wad on latest GZDoom build for Win not worki

Post by Enjay »

When you say "latest Win 64 build for GZDoom", do you mean the git builds from DRD or the official release?

Either way, drag/drop is working for me. Any more detail on what you have been trying to do.
domerdel

Post by domerdel »

Enjay wrote:When you say "latest Win 64 build for GZDoom", do you mean the git builds from DRD or the official release?

Either way, drag/drop is working for me. Any more detail on what you have been trying to do.
GZDoom version 3.1 dated 5-31-2017. I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit. I went to doomworld.com and searched best wads of 2016. Upon first encounter, I found the level that John Romero created called Tech Gone Bad (seemed to have great user reviews too). The accompanying text file to the doom wad informs this works with doom.wad or doom1.wad. I tried both. Upon the drag-n-drop method, It asks me which wad to use (even tried doom2 in case it was a typo in the text file). All that happens is that it loads the normal doom level/chapters.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

The map replaces E1M8, so you need to warp to it in order to play it.
domerdel

Post by domerdel »

Blue Shadow wrote:The map replaces E1M8, so you need to warp to it in order to play it.
:D

Thank you! :) I'll try that later tonight.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Just create a bat file, with this:

gzdoom.exe -iwad doom.wad -file e1m8b.wad -warp 1 8

Return to “Technical Issues”