Which GZdoom do i use?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
damico death

Which GZdoom do i use?

Post by damico death »

I use a Dell PC and whenever i download GZdoom, i get a glitch where my doom is missing enemy sprites and the titles words.

Am i using the wrong Gzdoom or am i doing something else wrong?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Which GZdoom do i use?

Post by Graf Zahl »

This sounds like a known issue with some older ATI drivers. The first thing you should try is to update the graphics driver, so far this helped fix this for everybody running into this particular problem.
damico death

Post by damico death »

i managed to get older gzdooms to work and qzdoom, but the newer ones will not work. Is the new gzdoom only good for newer computers?
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Hard to say something useful as you didn't provide any version numbers. Words like older and newer tell nothing to developers.

Return to “Technical Issues”