Windows 10 OPENGL issues

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Goblins Productions

Windows 10 OPENGL issues

Post by Goblins Productions »

Hello Zdoomers,
I have a problem on my old laptop, I cannot run any gzdoom versions higher than 2.0.05. because " R_OPENGL not accelerated."
The appears to be with my graphics processor (Intel HD graphics 3000)

I have tried wtfi.exe patch, works fine, but whenever a 3d model appears it crashes gzdoom.I have also tried a modded driver, because Intel does not make drivers for HD 3000 any more(I had the latest version). I also tried running in compatibility mode

Are there any more optinons? Whats actually going on with Intel hd graphics 3000? It says it supports opengl3.1.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Windows 10 OPENGL issues

Post by Graf Zahl »

Unfortunately Intel's Windows 10 support for such old hardware really, really sucks - big time. I'm afraid but you are pretty much out of luck here. If you had Windows 8 on that system things may be a bit better.

Return to “Technical Issues”