I have no positional sound on Gzdoom or Zandronum

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
iJustWantToWalk

I have no positional sound on Gzdoom or Zandronum

Post by iJustWantToWalk »

I just realized that I have no stereo sound... for example if a monster taunts on my right or left i dont realize. Its all mixed in mono.

I tried setting the audio settings to "stereo" instead of "auto" etc and doesnt work.

Same thing both in Zandronum and GZDoom.

I also realized I dont have dynamic lights on the projectiles in GZDoom while I do have it on Zandronum.

I never had those problems... weird. I havent played doom in 2 years tho.
Nevander

Re: I have no positional sound on Gzdoom or Zandronum

Post by Nevander »

For me it's the other way around. I don't like positional sound but I hear platforms and lifts and stuff in my left ear when I'm looking away from one and it's kinda irritating. I have the HRTF filter off in the options too.

Return to “Technical Issues”