OpenGL Problem

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
XASSASSINX

OpenGL Problem

Post by XASSASSINX »

I had this problem a long time ago which i fixed it by going into the config file and changing "vid_renderer 1" to "vid_renderer 0". Now i'm having the same problem, I tried to change the vid_renderer, but it's already on 0, And in case if you want, here's the error startup:
Spoiler:
And also, I hope that i'm not posting in the wrong place.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: OpenGL Problem

Post by Rachael »

Try starting GZDoom with "+vid_used3d true"
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Moved to Technical Issues.
XASSASSINX

Post by XASSASSINX »

Rachael wrote:Try starting GZDoom with "+vid_used3d true"
The problem is, I don't know how to do that.

EDIT: Some hours ago ( i forgot to say this) i came up with a "solution": I copied the zandorum config file and called it "gzdoom-(name of the user of windows)" and replaced it by the old gzdoom config. It worked, it worked even better, now mods that didn't work (such as custom flashlights from... I don't know, Ultimate doom visor?), are now working.

Return to “Technical Issues”