Guncaster crashes upon starting a new game.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Sky_Track

Guncaster crashes upon starting a new game.

Post by Sky_Track »

Hi, i'm not new here, ( I guess I technically am, but... eh.) but let me get to the point. I keep having a problem with Guncaster, and whenever I start a new game, it will crash. Thus, I came here for help.

http://imgur.com/jYPavqQ

This is the error I have been experiencing. My friend told me his specs, I told him mine, his are similar, but I have a GTX GeForce 960, and he has a laptop that can run it finely, and its shit, trust me. If you have any info on how to solve this issue, please reply to this post. Thank you.

P.S.: The current version of Guncaster I have is v2.8a. You can see the version of GZDoom I have in the picture, at the top of the window.
_mental_

Re: Guncaster crashes upon starting a new game.

Post by _mental_ »

Hard to say something useful with so little information given.
It looks like an out of RAM case or even out of address space. Do you have 64-bit Windows? If so, you can run 64-bit GZDoom to do a quick check.
Did you change some settings before running Guncaster? Are you loading anything else along with it? Do you have something in autoload list?
Sky_Track

Post by Sky_Track »

_mental_ wrote:Hard to say something useful with so little information given.
It looks like an out of RAM case or even out of address space. Do you have 64-bit Windows? If so, you can run 64-bit GZDoom to do a quick check.
Did you change some settings before running Guncaster? Are you loading anything else along with it? Do you have something in autoload list?
First off, I don't have 64-bit windows. Second off, I only changed the controls, not the resolution, or anything visual. Third off, I am running Map's of Chaos v1.2.7. And lastly, I have no idea what auto-load is, but what I think you mean by that is ZDL.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Guncaster with Maps of Chaos works fine for me using 2.4.0 32-bit.
Could you please copy whole text from fatal error window and post it here?
Sky_Track

Post by Sky_Track »

_mental_ wrote:Guncaster with Maps of Chaos works fine for me using 2.4.0 32-bit.
Could you please copy whole text from fatal error window and post it here?
Yeah, about that... The picture is the only bit of clarification I have. Sorry.

Return to “Technical Issues”