ZDoom and GZDoom no finding wads it the same directory?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Xyphileous

ZDoom and GZDoom no finding wads it the same directory?

Post by Xyphileous »

I'm admittedly new to this and I have an image of the problem and why i think its not my fault. I have multiple .wads in the GZDoom directory as well as a ZDoom directory and neither instance is finding the .wads.

http://i.imgur.com/z1Lj20T.png
Last edited by wildweasel on Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image too large, converted to a clickable link instead.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ZDoom and GZDoom no finding wads it the same directory?

Post by wildweasel »

You have wads in the folder, but none of them are the original Doom or Doom 2 wad files. Those are necessary to run the game. The ones you have in there must be loaded on top of the Doom, typically by dragging the one you want to play on top of the GZDoom exe.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

There are two different kinds of WADs. PWADs are mods, user-defined content. IWADs are the core game data (Doom 1/2, Final Doom, Heretic, Chex Quest, etc).

You must have an IWAD, the core data, to play anything at all. The original Doom games can be bought cheaply on Steam or GoG if you don't have them.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch ;)

8-)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Last edited by Caligari87 on Tue May 16, 2023 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix wiki tags

Return to “Technical Issues”