GZDoom "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!" Intel/w10

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

GZDoom "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!" Intel/w10

Postby Rachael » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:29 pm

(this is cross-posted in an effort to bring more GZDoom topics here)
Sathanas616 wrote:Hi people, Uncle Satan here with a little fix to an annoying problem that affects a lot of people with certain Intel drivers and Windows 10. It's basically a message you get when trying to open GZDoom... "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!":

First, you'll need to download one of these GZDoom builds here: http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

After that, extract it to a folder and place any doom wad/wads you wish in the same folder. Then you want to download this: https://github.com/alexey-lysiuk/tools/ ... fi/Release

Place it in the folder you extracted GZDoom and drag and drop the gzdoom.exe file on the wtfi.exe file:

A window will open and quickly ask you to press any key to continue, do it! There you go, you now have a working/patched version of GZDoom!

:bfg: :angel:

So, a little update here, you don't need to use one of the GZDoom builds mentioned earlier, you can use the latest GZDoom update (v2.2.0) too: https://gzdoom.drdteam.org/page.php?page=download
Just make sure you download the 32-bit one, I have a 64-bit system but the 64-bit one doesn't seem to work, okay?
Rachael

Re: GZDoom "R_OPENGL: OpenGL driver not accelerated!" Intel/

Postby Major Cooke » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:10 pm

This may or may not need some form of addressing for those who use ZDL.exe. Just saying. I don't personally have this problem, but it wouldn't hurt to provide a workaround for those who use launchers. (I would say if I knew of a good workaround myself, but I do not.)
Major Cooke
Busiest college semester yet. On temporary hiatus.

Discord: Major Cooke#0846

Postby Rachael » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:44 pm

wtfi.exe is a patcher tool that rewrites the manifest. It only needs to be run once (per devbuild/release) on the .exe and then ZDL will launch it just fine.
Rachael

Postby MartinHowe » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:14 pm

Works for EDuke32 as well though you have to select the .exe file manually.
MartinHowe
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN

Postby Goblins Productions » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:56 pm

It works, but with some mods cause gzdoom go on background (mouse cursor appears and music is still playing).
Is there any solution for this problem?
Goblins Productions

Return to Technical Issues