Strife Veteran Edition on GZDoom. Chalice quest dead end.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Hellandy
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Strife Veteran Edition on GZDoom. Chalice quest dead end.

Post by Hellandy »

Hi!

I couldn't find this problem anywhere.

I'm using the SVE.wad on GZDoom but the chalice quest still has the same dead end as the original. As soon as I talk to the governor guards start teleporting in and shooting me. Is something wrong or is this supposed to happen? I thought this kind of change from Veteran Edition would work on GZDoom.

Thanks in advance!
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Strife Veteran Edition on GZDoom. Chalice quest dead end

Post by Graf Zahl »

AFAIK that quest would require some engine side changes - the SVE support is merely to make the extended parts of the quest, i.e. the bonus level and associated things work and as a little bonus turns the static light info into dynamic lights - but I never went beyond adding the needed actors for these things.

Return to “Technical Issues”