Gamepad controller bindings, two problems

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Gamepad controller bindings, two problems

Postby VGA » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:06 pm

How can I set a controller button to open the menu? In the controls I only see actions to open the Help menu, the Options menu etc. I want to set a button to open the menu. By default it was the Select button of the gamepad but I set it to toggle automap instead.

Also, in the Weapons bindings I set weapon 3 to DpadDown, weapon 4 to DpadLeft, weapon 5 to DpadRight but I cannot bind Weapon 6 to DpadUp. I press the button and it gets detected and GZDoom stops waiting for a button. But it doesn't show up as bound to the action. I used to have DpadUp set as Automap toggle, but I have cleared that one from there.

(The gamepad is a PS4 controller and I have DS4Windows running.)
VGA

Re: Gamepad controller bindings, two problems

Postby VGA » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:40 pm

Weird, DpadUp does actually select the plasma after all. It isn't shown in the options menu for some reason. Why?

But how do I set my own button to act like ESC?
VGA

Postby Barry Burton » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:58 pm

To assign a button to open the menu or pause the game you have to do it through your INI file. The main menu is called MENU_MAIN and the pause option is simple PAUSE.
Barry Burton

Postby VGA » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Barry Burton wrote:To assign a button to open the menu or pause the game you have to do it through your INI file. The main menu is called MENU_MAIN and the pause option is simple PAUSE.

Thank you, I set

Pad_Start=menu_main

and it works.

I think DPadUp wasn't shown properly in the Options menu because it only shows the first two of the bindings and I already had two.
VGA

Return to Technical Issues