Doom 3 Collector's Edition for the Xbox: How 2 play the WADs

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
funduke re-regist

Doom 3 Collector's Edition for the Xbox: How 2 play the WADs

Post by funduke re-regist »

Hello!
I own the 'Doom 3 Collector's Edition for the Xbox'. I do know, that GzDooM has support for the WADs from that version. But i don't know, how to get the WADs from the disk in order to make them playable with GzDooM.
Would you please tell me?
I have the xbox 360, and PCs with windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04.

Greetings
Funduke
Diabolución

Re: Doom 3 Collector's Edition for the Xbox: How 2 play the

Post by Diabolución »

Use this to patch the conventional IWADs, no need of messing with dumping the disc.

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-onlin ... ADConv.zip
Last edited by Diabolución on Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
funduke re-regist

Re: Doom 3 Collector's Edition for the Xbox: How 2 play the

Post by funduke re-regist »

Thank you Diabolución!

:D

To the developers:
Forgive me, i know, i'm insatiable :oops: , but:
Would you please add support for unique file names for the XBOX versions of DOOM.WAD and DOOM2.WAD. Gzdoom apeerars to not rcognize the under other names and i would like to store the together with the Ultimate DooM DOOM.WAD and the original v. 1.9 of DOOM2.WAD without being overwritten by them in the IWAD selection dialog.

Greetings
Funduke

Return to “Technical Issues”