Can not shoot while moving.

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
Bloo
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Can not shoot while moving.

Post by Bloo »

It seems that I just can't get a version of GZdoom on my pc without some kind of serious issue plaguing my mouse.
I have fire mapped to mouse1, and any time that my player is moving (yes, even when no keys are being pressed) it won't fire. When I map fire to any other key it works fine. Tried 2 different mice.
This is following my reinstall, where last time the issue was that I could not move the mouse without the game freezing.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Can not shoot while moving.

Post by wildweasel »

Are you using a laptop touch pad? Modern touch pads have what is called "palm rejection" - it will not let you use the touch pad while keys are being pressed, in order to prevent the mouse from moving or clicking while typing. This feature may be switched off in the control panel, or sometimes via a hotkey, depending on the computer.

Return to “Technical Issues”